This one was inspired by my friend Rhonda* who came over to visit me the other day. We chatted about fish in foil packets and it got my mouth watering for veggies made the same way.
I only made one serving because my husband took our oldest out for some male-bonding time, so I was on my own with the toddler. This could easily be a vegetarian’s main course and a side dish for a non-vegetarian.
Vegetable Feta Foil Packet
For one foil packet…
• 4 asparagus spears, cut into 1″ pieces
• 5 button mushrooms, sliced in half
• 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into 1″ pieces
• 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1″ pieces
• 8-12 cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled feta
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 one-foot-long sheets of foil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Get two 1 foot long sheets of foil. Lay one out flat, set the other aside.
3. Cut the vegetables if you haven’t already.
4. Place the asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, and feta in the center of one sheet of foil.
5. Drizzle the vegetable and feta mix with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan.
6. Seal the foil packet tightly. Place the foil packet, seam down, on the other sheet of foil and seal the second foil sheet around the vegetable foil packet.
7. Place it on the center rack of the oven and let it cook 10 minutes. Flip the foil packet and let it cook another 10-15 minutes. (This allows the veggies enough time to get crunchy soft. If you prefer them soft then cook 5 minutes longer on each side.)
8. Open the packet, let cool a few minutes, and enjoy!
* Names have been changed to protect the “innocent”! Haha!
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!