I’m going to just admit… most of my recipes stem from desperation.
Oh my gosh – dinner needs to be ready in twenty minutes!
Oh heavens- I forgot that I had to go to the grocery store!
Oh no- I just can’t eat another “house” salad!
So, I have to come up with stuff that is a) quick and easy, b) already in my pantry and fridge, c) Isn’t a regular ol salad.
And this recipe fit the bill! (And it was good!)
FYI: It’s even better if you can put the beans in the fridge before hand so that they aren’t as easily smushed in the mixing process!
Three Bean Summer Salad
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can white cannellini/white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion tips
- 1/8 cup chopped green (or red) bell pepper
- 1-2 dashes seasoned pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup olive oil OR 1/2 cup Italian dressing (in lieu of the vinegar and oil)
- Combine beans, red onion, cilantro, green onions, bell pepper, and vinegar.
- Mix together apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Pour over bean mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for three to four hours (or if you are a last minute slacker like me, put it in the freezer for ten minutes, take out, and mix. Do this two more times so that the beans are in the freezer for thirty minutes total.)
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!