One of the things about doing a Daniel Fast (essentially vegan eating) is that it makes you eat healthy real quick. Well, on Wednesday, all I wanted was to slap some peanut butter on a piece of bread and call it lunch, but… well, that’s not Daniel Fasty, so I had to come up with something else. My husband’s grandmother, Nanny, makes this tomato and avocado salad a lot that is delish and she puts something on it that I thought was balsamic vinegar, but after making my (which was also delish) that’s not it. So, once I talk to her and figure it out I’ll add that on here as well!
I know this is easy and half of the world has probably already made this before, but I thought I’d throw it on here because it might be a lunch option you had forgotten about.
Quick & Easy Avocado And Tomato Salad
(Have you noticed that almost all of my recipes say “Quick and Easy” in the title? There’s definitely a theme running through my cooking!)
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup of salad tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cut up the avocado into chunks and cut the salad tomatoes in half and sprinkle in the parsley.
- Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the mix and stir the salad.
- Eat! Really great with iced tea!
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!