Gotta love those recipes that are born from “What am I going to cook for dinner tonight” and “Dang, I need to use up some of that 5 lb bag of potatoes” and “What do I have in the freezer???” And once again, this is a hubby-love recipe… as in hubby loved it. He ate a bit after us but he came and found me in the bathroom while I was bathing our boys and said “Oh my goodness. THIS is really good.”
And then he told me again after his second bowl.
And again after his third.
Mexican Potato Casserole
- 5 or 6 medium sized yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can ROTEL
- 1 can Cream of Chicken (or Cream of Potato or Celery if you are vegetarian)
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cup colby jack shredded cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 5-6 dashes Frank’s Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce (or similar)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam the potatoes on the stovetop until “al dente”. (Can I use that term for potatoes?)
- Meanwhile, stir the cumin, garlic salt, and pepper sauce in with the beans and mix to combine.
- Mix together the corn, cream of chicken, rotel, beans, 1 1/4 cup of cheese.
- When the potatoes are ready, mix them in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 dish and cook for 17-20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!