Easy Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Bake
I love this meal… and it gets double love because my husband said he loved it too… in fact, he said it twice! And then it gets triple love because it can be made ahead and refrigerated!
• 16 oz dried penne pasta
• 1 cup frozen broccoli
• 1 cup frozen zucchini
• 1/2 cup whipping cream (not as good but will work: whole milk or half and half)
• 1 Tablespoon of Ana’s Herbs (or other Italian seasoning mix… although if you can find some Ana’s Herbs, get some… they are awesome! Their website has stores where you can find it)
• 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or colby jack)
• 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1 jar (24oz) of spaghetti sauce (I usually use a basil and garlic kind)
• 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
• 1/2 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1. Get out broccoli and zucchini so they can defrost just enough to separate from each other to be mixed.
2. Cook penne according to instructions until al dente. Drain and stir in a tablespoon of butter to keep from sticking.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, cream, Ana’s Herbs, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
4. Add in zucchini, broccoli, and penne. Stir until evenly combined.
5. Stir mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, then with bread crumbs. Drizzle remaining butter, melted, over bread crumbs.
6. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes. Then serve!
It’s really easy and I love that I can incorporate frozen veggies without having to remember an hour in advance to get them out to defrost.
I’d love to hear some other variations you think would be good (and easy) in here. I was thinking some pre-chopped mushrooms? What else?
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!