We… LOVE this recipe.
My reasons: tasty. easy. a man favorite. simple. fast to prep.
Hubby’s reasons: tasty. tasty. tasty. and ummmm, tasty.
Caribbean Black Beans (Crock Pot & Stove Top Versions)
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained (not rinsed)
- 1 (8 oz) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (I use frozen)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (if fasting, leave this out… you won’t even notice)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- cooked rice
Instructions For Crock Pot (5 minute prep, 4-6 hours on LOW)
- Put all ingredients in crock pot and stir.
- Cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then serve with hot rice.
Instructions For Stove Top (5 minute prep, 30 minutes)
- Combine all ingredients in large soup pot on stove top.
- Turn to medium heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the lid, turn to medium-low heat, and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then serve with rice.
I got the inspiration for this version from this recipe.
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!