I know that I have never shared a recipe before, but these were so amazing (and easy to prepare) that I had to!
Portabella Mushroom Bake
½ cup almonds
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon dried rosemary or basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 large portabella mushrooms , stems removed
1 medium onion, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In blender or food processor, grind almonds until powdered.
3. Add oil, soy sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and oregano to almonds; blend.
4. Place mushrooms upside down (as in with the gills facing up) in baking dish, tightly in one layer.
5. Pour sauce over each mushroom and top with onions.
(If you have only frozen onions this works as well, simply sauté them for a moment first until they are no longer frozen and either mix in with the sauce or put on top of the sauce.)
6. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Please join me on my journey! Subscribe or contact me here!